Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Collage

Today I Created | A Halloween Collage

I was digging around on the Graphics Fairy site again looking for some Halloween decorating inspiration. As usual I found some wonderful images.

I started with a background of an Antique Sheet Music and removed the headline in Photoshop. Next, I added the skull and colored it to match. I then took this image into Illustrator so that I could play with type in the headline.

I love fonts and this one is called Aquiline Two. Isn't the capital H beautiful! I used the word "Nocturnes" that was inspired by a Natural History print of moths. I colored the font to match the browns in the sheet music.

I also printed these butterflies because they were a beautiful shade of Halloween orange. I cut out the butterflies and mounted them with pop-dots so they "float" above the background. The second photo is kind of dark but you can see how the butterflies float.

I am also announcing that I am joining an extremely talented group of designers in the Triple Play Blog Hop thanks to a dear friend, Karen Burniston. Beginning November 4th there will be a creative Blog Hop of over 60 talented designers all using Sizzix dies. The designers will create something different every Thursday for six weeks. Be sure to click on the Triple Play Blog Hop button beginning November 4th.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am so STOKED that you're joining the hop. So do you recognize fonts in ads and movie trailers? I do, but probably not as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I am excited about joining the hop. I feel like I'll be in the company of some wonderful designers. And yes, I recognize fonts but there are so many beautiful new ones coming out all of the time as well. I know you love fonts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...