Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Recycled Book Christmas Ornament

Today I Created | A Christmas ornament out of a recycled book.

My sister and I exchange Christmas ornaments every year. We choose a theme and make something for each other. This year's theme is "Distressed".

With that in mind I thought of something that would be meaningful to my sister and be distressed at the same time.


I created this ornament using an old book. I used Distress Ink to color the edges of the pages and applied some glue and glitter although this doesn't show up very well in the photos.


I strung a ribbon and made a charm to indicate the year and attached that at the top.

My sister has always loved words so creating a distressed ornament out of an old book seemed like a perfect choice.

This is linked to SomedaycraftsBlueCricketDesign, Saturday Mornings and Keeping It Simple.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea. Very interested to learn how you cut your book pages to make this lovely ornament. Thanks for sharing!

    JanaZ
    www.simplymycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...