Saturday, February 19, 2011

Estate Sale Board Games

The weather forecast was for rain this weekend so there weren't many local estate/garage sales to choose from. We found three vintage board games that are destined for my crafting supplies rather than decorative items. {Due to many encouraging comments, I will definitely keep the Clue and Easy Money games intact.}

The first board game is a 1949 edition of Clue. The weapons are made from metal and the markers are wood. The Detective Notes pad is intact and only missing a few sheets. I love the graphics on the suspect cards.


The second board game is a 1939 edition of Bingo. The cards and markers are so nicely vintage.

The final board game is a 1956 edition of Easy Money. It appears to be similar to Monopoly. The markers and houses are all wood.

There are so many crafting posibilities with these items. These will be set aside for a possible rainy day project.

Linking up to:
Apron Thrift Girl, The Colorado Lady, Common GroundTales From Bloggeritaville and Hey What's For Dinner Mom?

14 comments:

  1. wow I have never seen any this old before! too cool :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you divide up and seperate and craft with the Easy Money I would check the resale value of it as a vintage game.
    These were all favorites of mine in the 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dogsmom for the suggestion to check resale value first. The Bingo game is missing some pieces so that will definitely go into the crafting supply bin. The Clue and Easy Money games seem to have all of their pieces and the boards are in near perfect condition although the boxes show a bit of wear. I will take your suggestion and keep these intact until I decide what to do with them. Thanks again for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic designs, especially the Cluedo (as it's called over here). Think Dogsmom is right, would definitely check if you can sell them on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vintage board games, especially Clue. But I haven't been able to find one as old as 1949. Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! I haven't seen that version of Clue before...it's so cool. I love that game!

    Happy VTT!

    http://serendipityhandmade.blogspot.com/2011/02/vintage-thingies-thursday-leslie-uggams.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your games. Brought back such wonderful memories of childhood. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds. I would hate to see the Clue and Easy Money used for crafting. The Bingo doesn't look like anything special and is probably better for crafting anyway.

    The first thing I ever bought on eBay was an old Clue game I bought to give as a Christmas present. I don't think it was quite that old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! I have never seen the game Easy Money. That is neat!! I love old games and the graphics used. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish there was more of the old board games available. I liked them better than some of the modern ones. I could at least understand the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove vintage board games, the Clue is fabulous, I love the colors of the board.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you be willing to sell the Clue game? I would love to have it as it is my favorite game! I look forward to hearing back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Yes, I still have the Clue game and I would be willing to sell it. Please contact me via my email in the About Me section. Please put "Clue Game" in the subject line. Thanks for asking.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...