Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Fabric Tote

I had some fun sewing and created this simple fabric tote. It is the perfect size to hold over a dozen Easter Eggs or a few paperback books or even to pack a lunch. {To see how you can win this tote, click here.}
I wanted it to be a neutral color and sturdy cotton fabric so I used all new fabric. I also kept the decorative accent (flower) a neutral, soft gray so that the color of whatever is inside of the bag would not clash. But the flower can be removed and other accents added later if I change my mind.

The felt for the flower and leaves are thrifted as well as the vintage pink millinery stamens in the flower. I also added some vintage lace around the top of the bag.

The bag measures 6"w x 5"h x 4"d not counting the strap.

This is linked to:
All Thingz RelatedBetween Naps on the Porch, Beyond the Picket FenceCoastal CharmI {heart} Naptime, I'm Topsy TurvyKeeping it Simple, Krafty KatMaking the World CuterMarvelously Messy, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Passionately ArtisticRook No. 17Running With Glitter, Savvy Southern StyleSkip to My Lou, Someday Crafts, Somewhat SimpleThe DIY Home Sweet Home ProjectThe Girl Creative, The Shabby Chic CottageThe Thrifty HomeThe Trendy TreehouseUnder the Table and Dreaming, Very Merry Vintage Style and Wildflowers & Whimsy

6 comments:

  1. this is adoarable! Thanks for linking to my Sew Crafty Party !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I want one!! :)

    amber @ barbwired

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely and that handkerchief peeking out is very sweet.Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty--love the fabric choices and touch of lace. The hanky insert is genius! Thanks for linking this great post up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just lovely. so sweet. glad i found your blog.

    kath
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lace, the cotton fabric, the felt flower -- so beautifully put together! And are those vintage hankies peeking out of the bag, cradling the eggs?


    Thank you so much for being a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...