Saturday, August 18, 2012

Holiday Thrifting in August

I just want to say that my Dear Handyman is the best friend and best sport that I could ever imagine. He  got up with me at 4 a.m. today and drove two hours to an estate sale to hunt for some amazing treasures. We don't normally go that far but the sale just sounded so great.

So here are the rewards we got for being two of the first few people in line at the sale.

For Christmas, I found seven vintage Bottle Brush trees. They are decorated in the most fantastic ways. All have Mercury glass beads but some have jewelry, fruit, pinecones or Santa faces. They are awesome.






We also found an old Putz House decorated with mica flecks.
These are old, German glass clip-on bird ornaments. I've always wanted some of these for my vintage Christmas ornament collection.
For Easter, we found this sweet, vintage bunny.
And for Halloween, we found this old, paper maché pumpkin. It has a separate piece of paper inside with printed eyes and mouth which gives it a spooky look.
After this sale we stopped at an antique "mall" {actually situated inside an old barn} called Matilda's Mouse. This place is like a "candy store" of vintage junk. They were having a sale so it was even better. If you are ever down near San Diego when they have one of their shopping events then check them out. Unfortunately it was too hot for Matilda {their terrier mascot} to be out in the barn but it was still a fun shopping experience.
There were so many things that I wanted {unfortunately I spent all of my "allowance" at the estate sale} so the only item I got was this vintage metal airplane that is probably from the top of an old trophy.
I will be adding some of these items to my Stuff to Treasure store so be sure to click over for a visit. And Friend my Stuff to Treasure Facebook page to be one of the first to find out when new items are added.

I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting. Is it hot where you are because it is really toasty here :)





I am honored to be featured at:
Mod Vintage Life


This is linked to:
Apron Thrift GirlHey What's For Dinner Mom? and Mod Vintage Life

9 comments:

  1. Those trees are amazing! Definitely worth the early start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! Those are some of the best trees I've ever seen! I'm glad that your early start paid off for you! I want an antique Jack-O-Lantern so bad, but so far have had to settle for cute repros. Great job on finding such an old spooky one!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great holiday stuff! I love the Christmas Trees and the Mercury Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are most awesome!! Lucky you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say WOW? Those bottle brushes are so wonderful. I love the ones with the jewelry additions. And the clip-on birds always sing to my heart; love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those trees are amazing! A great addition to your vintage decor! Hard to find these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fantastic stuff!! I think I always arrive too late for the good vintage holiday stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured your bottle brush trees on Mod Mix Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...