Sunday, August 4, 2013

Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop - August

Welcome to the Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop for the month of August. This month's theme is Crafting with School Supplies. My favorite school supply is vintage wooden rulers. I love finding old wooden rulers and yard sticks at estate sales because they are everyday objects that have so much design potential.

My School Supply crafting project is an easel and slate chalkboard both made from thrifted, vintage rulers.
I started with a small vintage chalkboard and cut two rulers to frame the edges of the slate. I glued the rulers to the existing wooden frame and rounded the corners to match.
The easel was made with three more rulers as the legs and an architect's ruler as the tray that supports the slate chalkboard.
This side view shows how the architect's ruler supports the slate chalkboard.
The chain helps to stabilize the easel.

I hope you enjoyed my vintage, thrifted school supply project. Please use the DCC blog hop button on the right to continue through to visit all of the amazingly talented designers involved with this blog hop.

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute. I have created easels before but never thought to make them out of rulers

    www.mel-designs.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...