Sunday, August 25, 2013

Exploring New Thrifting Grounds

Dear Handyman had to pick up some supplies on Saturday. Since we were going to be in a different part of town I found some sales in that area and we explored some new thrifting grounds.

My favorite find was this beautiful vintage tablecloth. I love the pink hibiscus flowers and green leaves.
I also found this large chenille bedspread. I don't know how old it is but it is in great condition.
Found this mid-century milk glass vase with metallic gold and turquoise design.
And I always love finding Pyrex so I scooped up these yellow and orange stacking bowls.
This vintage croquet set was something on my Thrift Wish List but I'm not quite sure why. I have some ideas on how I would like to repurpose them so we'll have to see how this turns out.
Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting. I will be adding some of these items to my Stuff to Treasure store.

This is linked to:
Nifty, Thrifty Things and Sir Thriftalot

7 comments:

  1. In a magazine or something one time I saw where they took a croquet set kind of like that and put one of those glass rounds on top and made it into an outdoor table for the patio. It was cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I was thinking that the sticks might make a nice towel rack but a table might be a better idea. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you found some great deals. I love thrift stores and I especially like old linens and vintage fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a vase that looks very similar to that one except it's yellow, brown and gold

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty vase! And, the Pyrex are perfect for fall! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any day finding Pyrex is a perfect day for me!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bed spread is really pretty. My grandma has one just like it that she has had "for forever." Love the croquet set too. I like Heidi's idea of making a table!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...